Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
||5126 - ME - RFT
||Registered Nurse - Visiting Nursing
|Program or Dept.
||$26.61 - $33.01/hr
You will provide safe, client-centred health care in the community using the nursing process, scope and standards of clinical practice established by VON and the College of Nurses of Ontario and principles of quality management. You have the opportunity to contribute to VON’s responsibility for developing programs to meet community health needs.
RNs required for the London/Middlesex County and St Thomas/Elgin County region.
Palliative experience is required as well as availability to be On Call including weekends.
- Provide and manage high quality, appropriate and cost effective nursing care to all individuals and/or families in the community who are assigned to their care
- Responsible to teach and delegate tasks and functions to different levels of workers and to family members and others in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by VON and the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Comply with all standards, policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Participate as a member of the health care team in relevant committees and working groups
- Flexibility to work various shifts during the day, evening, and weekends
- Availability to work On Call at least three times per week, including weekends
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario; B.Sc.N. preferred
- Current CPR and First Aid certification will be requested
- 2 to 5 years of clinical experience in a community setting
- Demonstrated skill in observation, independent assessment, health teaching, communication and interpersonal relationship building
- Good oral and written communication skills and problem-solving abilities
- Critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to speak and/or understand a second language is desirable
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Current criminal background check will be requested
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||VON Canada offers:
• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs