Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Would you like to join an organization that provides innovative healthcare services across Canada? We are searching for talented and visionary individuals to play an important leadership role within the organization. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Lead the VON team in meeting the healthcare needs of Canadians - it’s a job that matters!
||Director, Nurse Practitioner of Professional Practice
VON Canada is currently looking to fill the position of Director, Nurse Practitioner of Professional Practice, reporting to the Regional VP Home Care & Private Pay and National VP Quality & Risk. In this position, you will be responsible for the overall management of VON Canada team of Nurse Practitioners, assuring high quality clinical operations and services.
The successful candidate will reside in Ontario; a candidate from the Greater Toronto Area is preferred. The successful candidate may be asked to work on-site or from a home office.
- Provide leadership for Nurse Practitioners in the area of clinical and professional practice
- Implement and promote a shared vision for Nurse Practitioners aligned with the VON mission, vision and values
- Create initiatives to achieve improved results and support strategic goals and objectives for Nurse Practitioners and professional practice
- Promote an integrated interdisciplinary team approach to client care consistent with the VON Care and Service Model
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team, branch, regional and national staff to plan, implement and monitor clinical programs
- Develop new opportunities for VON with the business development team that are pertinent to the Nurse Practitioner role
- Promote evidence based practice and research linkages to practice
- Manage a high performing team that provides clinical practice support to the branches
- Review, establish, and maintain patient care protocol and standards, ensuring that all legislated regulations and guidelines for patient care are met
- Participate in development, implementation and maintenance of policies and objectives; develop and implement projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals
- Represent the interests of Nurse Practitioners and the organization with internal and external stakeholders
- Plan, develop, and implement strategies and generate resources and/or revenues for the organization
- Assure documentation guidelines for accuracy, quality, content, and timeliness
- Promote measurement mechanisms to quantify clinical outcomes of care
- Support and enhance the quality and safety of service provided by working closely with the Quality/Risk department
- Participate in budget development for department
- Nurse Practitioner certificate and extended class registration in nursing
- Master's degree in Nursing
- Minimum 2 years of related management/ teaching experience and 5 years clinical practice experience in primary health care
- Skilled at examining procedures, formulating policy, developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Knowledge of clinical objectives, programs, methods, procedures, and standards
- Ability to identify and secure alternative funding/revenue sources
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements
- Excellent problem solving skills and analytical abilities
- Demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Office, Internet and email
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast- paced environment; Attention to Detail; Carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Grip; Walk, Sit, Stand, Climb stairs; Fine hand movements.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs