Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
||4856 - ANN - PT
||Licensed Practical Nurse - 0.4 FTE
||Nurses who join our team receive diverse assignments and ongoing clinical education and training opportunities. We support our employees by offering a work environment that strives to reinforce work life balance. Corporate values of respect, participation, responsiveness and courage are upheld.
||This position will be of interest to nurses who value client teaching, communication, autonomy and decision-making, and find community nursing challenging and rewarding.
- Registration with CLPNNS and a graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Some previous clinical experience, with knowledge of the community-nursing model of care
- Demonstrated competencies in observation, independent assessment and health education
- Proficient in clinical nursing skills, and ability to read and interpret technical and clinical instructions related to client care
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Current CPR Certificate-level C and First Aid
- A valid NS driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
||Annapolis Valley District
||Nova Scotia [NS]
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
VON Canada offers:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Training and skills development
- Flexible hours
- Competitive compensation
- Group benefit coverage
- Pension plan
- Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
- Employee assistance program
- Employee recognition programs