Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
||Adult Day Program Assistant - Regular Part Time (0.4 FTE)
||The Activity Assistant will work directly with clients, staff and volunteers in the Adult Day Program. Working with the Program Coordinator, the Activity Assistant will carry out the program plan in place.
- Contribute to the development of the care plan for each client admitted to the program
- Implements social and recreational programs as planned by the coordinator
- Assist clients with ADL as required
- Collaborate with the Coordinator/Volunteers to identify risk factors and introduce interventions to minimize and eliminate client incidents
- Ensure safety and security measures for the client, volunteers and staff
- Utilize volunteers’ talents and expertise within the program
- Maintain appropriate records/documentation and clients progress notes
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements
- Experience working with adults, especially individuals with Alzheimer disease and other cognitive impairments and/or physical disabilities
- Currently enrolled in or completion of courses in Gerontology and/or Dementia Studies
- 3-5 years of recent experience in an Adult Day Services environment is an asset
- Current First Aid and CPR C Certifications
- Ability to work collaboratively, be a team player and possess excellent communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of community resources
- Valid drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle
||Nova Scotia [NS]
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||VON Canada offers:
Career advancement opportunities
Training and skills development
Group benefit coverage
Employee assistance program
Employee recognition programs