Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by the Accreditation Canada.
||Registered Nurse Regular PT
|Total Hours Bi-Weekly
||As per C/A
The successful candidate will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide and manage high quality, appropriate and cost effective nursing care to all individuals and/or families in the community who are assigned to their care
- Responsible to teach and delegate tasks and functions to different levels of workers and to family members and others in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by VON and the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Comply with all standards, policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Participate as a member of the health care team in relevant committees and working groups
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse in the province of Ontario
- Demonstrated skill in observation, independent assessment, health teaching, communication and interpersonal relationship building
- Good oral and written communication skills and problem-solving abilities
- Valid driver’s license, insurance and access to a reliable vehicle
- Ability to speak and/or understand a second language is desirable
- Previous experience within a community care setting is preferred
- Advanced preparation, certification or skill training is preferred
- Dialysis, IV's and pumps is an asset
|Other Relevant Information
This RN role will cover days/evenings when needed, and every 3rd weekend.