Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by the Accreditation Canada.
||5714 - SL - RFT
||Manager, Care & Service - Clinical & OT Programs
||Visiting & Shift Nursing/Occupational Therapy
The Care & Service Manager provides supervision and performance management of front line service providers in the Visiting/Shift Nursing program for Sarnia-Lambton region and the Occupational Therapy program in the Sarnia-Lambton region.
The Care and Service Manager provides professional supervisory and practice leadership and is responsible for ensuring the provision of quality client care to home care programs. The Manager ensures the coordination of care services and all training programs, in addition to supervision of all front line staff and team operations. The position is accountable for executing operational plans, and ensuring the adherence to all policies and practices.
- Supervision and performance management of Front Line Service providers
- Directs and monitors delivery of client care services and day to day functions of front line staff in accordance with current regulatory guidelines and VON policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ensures all new staff orientation is completed
- Facilitates staff development and growth through competency assessments, Performance Development Plans (PDPs), individualized learning plans, referral to practice educators, and on-going mentorship
- Receives and documents all employee, family, and client complaints/issues related to front line service delivery. May involve other Home Care managers in resolving the issue/complaint and escalates, if required, to appropriate Director and/or Chief of Practice
- Assists nurses in completing risk assessments, investigations of issues, incidents, or injuries
- Participates with annual budget preparation
- Regularly liaises/communicates proactively and constructively with various members of the
- District home care management team
- Local and district management team
- Greater VON clinical management team, and
- Functional teams
- May participate on any local, regional, or national team or committees as required, desired, or requested. Examples include, Quality Care and Service, Joint Occupational Health and Safety, Accreditation, IBM etc.
- Participates in the On-Call rotation
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or equivalent
- Demonstrated skill over 5 years in leading staff in a community nursing environment including:
- facility with information and communication technology and practices
- budget management
- decision making
- program/project management
- Familiarity with the quality management approach, and committed to customer service
- Demonstrated skill in leadership, community nursing, team building, communication and education
- Understands and uses effective communication methods/tools
- Ability to accept and facilitate change.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects
- Valid drivers license, proof of liability insurance, and own vehicle required
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Current police check
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
VON Canada offers:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Training and skills development
- Flexible hours
- Competitive compensation
- Group benefit coverage
- Pension plan
- Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
- Employee assistance program
- Employee recognition programs