Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
||Clinical Practice Leader
|Hours Per Week
|Program or Dept.
||Home Care (Visiting Nursing)
||$40 - $42
Reporting to the District Executive Director, the Clinical Practice Leader (CPL) functions as the Site (District) Facilitator of excellence in client centred/customer focused care with full scope of practice and professional practice standards. The CPL acts as the professional practice Leader for Nursing and also works with other disciplines and unregulated workers within the site management structure. The CPL works collaboratively with program Managers to assess, plan, implement and evaluate educational programs for staff within and across programs. The CPL provides leadership to the interdisciplinary team in the development and evaluation of clinical outcomes and standards of care.
Support the business and professional service delivery goals of the site by working collaboratively with Program Managers to ensure cost effective nursing and home support services and programs are provided to the individuals, families and the communities served.
- Manage the Flu and Wellness clinics with direct report(s).
- Liase with Practice team regarding education required by providing coaching and mentoring.
Within the VON Site Management structure, provides leadership support to the Site Executive Director in areas of professional practice, staff management and performance, and ensures VON requirements for the processes of clinical practice, quality and financial management are followed.
- Works cross functionally in branch relationships with IT, Finance, Client Services, Occupational Health & Safety, P&O, Quality Care and Service to maximize front line health delivery.
- Develops relationships, partnerships and alliances within the organization and within the community.
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario and in good standing
- BScN required, Masters preferred
- Minimum 5 years of clinical experience and demonstrated evidence of increasing responsibilities in leadership roles.
- Specialty certification or education considered a strong asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the following: curriculum design, needs analysis, application of training and development principles and methodology;
- Ability to communicate effectively in visual, written and verbal form to enhance learning.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||VON Canada offers:
Career advancement opportunities
Training and skills development
Group benefit coverage
Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
Employee assistance program
Employee recognition programs