Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by the Accreditation Canada.
|Program or Dept.
||VON Peel Branch-Community Support Services, is a fast paced national charitable organization dedicated to providing innovated health care solutions for the community. We are seeking a cook to join our team, to work out of our Peel Office in our Congregate Dining Program The appropriate incumbent can expect plenty of responsibility in a team setting, drawing on one plus years’ of related experience in a similar position, ideally in the non-profit/charitable sector.
||We are looking for a resourceful individual who is comfortable working in a fast paced environment and performing a variety responsibilities including: ordering required ingredients and supplies, performing food preparation and cooking duties within specific nutritional guidelines as required for daily meal preparation, maintaining product consistency by following standardized recipes, performing cross-functional and other duties as assigned and/or required.
- Completion of Grade XII, or equivalent
- Food Handler's Certificate or Cook's Certificate preferred
- Ability to read, prepare and plan menus
- Ability to prepare meals within time deadlines required
- Knowledge of proper food handling, cooking to specific nutritional guidelines, temperature control, good hygiene and quality control are all required
- Capable of lifting moderate weight (e.g., food items or supplies) and carrying them short distances required
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with seniors and volunteers
- Some traveling required