Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Would you like to join an organization that provides innovative healthcare services across Canada? We are searching for talented individuals to play an important supporting role within the organization. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||3989 - OPT
|Hours Per Week
||The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and clerical services with a high degree of accuracy, in order to ensure effective and efficient operations.
Provide administrative support to ensure that Board operations are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
- Type correspondence, reports and other documents
- Maintain office files
- Open and distribute the mail
- Manage minutes at meetings, submit for approval and distribute
Provide support to Council to ensure that Council is provided with the resources to make effective decisions.
- Maintain confidential records and files
- Maintain records of decisions
- Arrange for payment of honorariums
- Research and assist with the preparation of motions, policies and procedures
- Research and communicate various grant opportunities
- Prepare correspondence for Board members
- Prepare documents and reports on the computer
- Schedule, prepare agendas and prepare packages for Board meetings
- Attend board meetings
- College Diploma in Administration, in combination with related administrative experience
- Proficiency in full operation of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, Excel & Publisher), with the strong ability to manage spreadsheets
- Customer Service Skills: Identify customer needs and strive to meet and exceed the needs of customers.
- Team Work: Participate effectively as a team member, share knowledge, experience and accountability for team efforts
- Verbal, written, communication and interpersonal Skills: Interact effectively and collaboratively with staff, volunteers, the public, coworkers, other departments and organizations.
- Accountability: Accept responsibility for achieving the expectations of the job/role.
- Quality Improvement: Identify client needs and improve service by looking for ways to improve work processes, based on results and/or evidence.
- Accuracy: Complete tasks in a complete and timely manner, while maintaining accuracy of information and close attention to detail.
- Organizational Skills: Use resources and time effectively and efficiently and know how to organize people and activities to accomplish goals.
The successful candidate must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- office administration and bookkeeping procedures
- council and committee systems
The incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the above mentioned duties, as well as possess cultural awareness and sensitivity flexible to the needs and hours of the Board, demonstrating sound work ethics.