Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference? As part of the VON team, you will make a positive impact on the lives of clients who need support services to help them with activities of daily living. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||Program Support, SMART® Programming & Volunteer Services
||Part Time Term Contract
|Hours Per Week
|Program or Dept.
||SMART® Programming & Volunteer Services
||The Program Support person will create a welcoming front office environment to SMART® Programming & Volunteer Services by greeting visitors, and providing exemplary customer service to clients, volunteers, visitors, staff and corporate clients. The Program Support person will also be responsible for operating the telephone system, collecting and distributing mail, typing correspondence, photocopying documents, and file management.
- Receive and direct all incoming calls via telephone and voice mail in a timely and professional manner
- Demonstrate good conflict management skills, focusing on client service at all times
- Responsible for greeting all visitors to the office, ascertaining the nature of their business, and directing them appropriately
- Prepare for mail or courier all items submitted by scheduled pick up times
- Responsible to run reports, create forms and documents, letter writing and filling
- Ensure all correspondence and documents are processed clearly, accurately, and promptly
- Provision of information for SMART® inquiries
- Data entry into program data base
- Assist full time receptionist
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary education in Medical Office Administration
- 1-2 year administrative experience in a medical office environment
- Exceptional computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience in working with seniors is an asset
- Values fitness and healthy life style for all people
- Proven to be reliable and punctual
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Current criminal background check will be requested
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast- paced environment; Attention to Detail; Carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Grip; Walk, Sit, Stand, Climb stairs; Fine hand movements