Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference? As part of the VON team, you will make a positive impact on the lives of clients who need support services to help them with activities of daily living. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
|Hours Per Week
||VON 360 Degree NPLC
The VON 360 Degree Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic provides primary health care services to the residents of Peterborough and surrounding area. The Social Worker as part of the interdisciplinary team assists in the primary care functions and participates in the development, implementation monitoring and evaluation of Clinic programs and services. In addition, they ensure that high quality patient care is delivered consistent with the philosophy and standards of the VON 360 Degree NPLC and the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
a) College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
b) Regulated Health Professions Act (1991)
Monitor patient goals and outcomes through ongoing assessment and documentation of treatment progress with clear, confidential and concise records on the clinic EMR;
Member of an interdisciplinary team in a nurse practitioner-led clinic;
Provides assessments, individual and group counseling, health education, case management, and community rehabilitation, to assist clients in developing skills to deal with and resolve social and personal problems;
Develops, implements and evaluates supports.
- Master of Social Work Degree from a recognized University program with minimum of 3 years experience and evidence of liability insurance;
- Demonstration of professional practice in accordance with Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Mental Health Act and the Substitute Decision Act;
- Experience with addictions and mental health preferred;
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and an understanding of community resources;
- Current CPR Certification;
- Experience working in a primary health care environment is an asset;
- Experience with a range of therapeutic/intervention models;
- Knowledge of local resources available is an asset;
- Exemplary clinical problem solving skills;
- Current Criminal Background Check.