Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by the Accreditation Canada.
||4604 - ME - RFT
||Coordinator, Fund Development
|Hours Per Week
|Program or Dept.
||The VON Middlesex Elgin Foundation is looking for a passionate, creative and organized individual who will manage and cultivate community and corporate relationships and further enhance the Fund Development Department.
- Assist Manager, Fund Development in meeting the VON Foundation’s objectives
- Assist Manager, Fund Development on various committees and meetings as required
- Manage the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all activities related to the organization’s events, including budgets
- In coordination with the Manager, Fund Development identifies and secures corporate partnerships to increase event revenue and participation
- Develop sponsorship opportunities, acquisition and recognition in coordination with VON’s local and national partners
- Meet fundraising goals and maximize events through building relationships with corporate/community partnerships and participant recruitment
- Organize and maintain files, reading materials, handouts and records relevant to activities for all events
- Manage the recruitment and retention of fundraising volunteers ensuring they have the appropriate expertise and skills to implement successful events/programs.
- Assist in the identification, design and implementation of new fundraising opportunities
- Represent the organization at events and public speaking engagements
- Assist with annual statistical analyses of fund development activities
- Post-Secondary Education in fundraising or related field
- Knowledge and experience in fundraising and not-for-profit sector
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in event planning, including experience with budget management, hands-on event planning and execution
- Excellent communication, interpersonal writing and organizational skills
- Professional manner with strong customer service skills
- Strong creative capabilities
- Well organized approach to event management including developing strong relationships with volunteers and sponsors, project management and time management
- Demonstrates initiative and flexibility
- Works well independently or as part of a team
- Thrives in a busy environment
- Literate in computer programs including Microsoft Office products, Raisers Edge, Publisher, Adobe
- Must be able to work outside normal business hours
- Willingness to travel to neighbouring communities
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Current criminal background check will be requested
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment; Attention to Detail; Carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Grip; Walk, Sit, Stand, Climb stairs; Fine hand movements.
||London & Middlesex-Elgin
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
VON Canada offers the following benefits:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Training and skills development
- Flexible hours
- Competitive compensation
- Group benefit coverage
- Pension plan
- Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
- Employee assistance program
- Employee recognition programs