Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
||4038 - ST T ME - CAS
||Personal Support Worker - Supports for Daily Living
|Total Hours Bi-Weekly
||Supports for Daily Living
Under the clinical supervision of the Program Coordinator, the PSW provides personal care and health maintenance to individuals and families within the framework of VON philosophy, policies, procedures and standards, in community health care.
The successful candidate will have experience working with seniors and persons with disabilities.
This position is located in St. Thomas, Ontario at our Supports for Daily Living building.
Collaboration with other health care team members is expected where and when appropriate. At all times, the Personal Support Worker follows an established plan of care and delegation of procedures that meets the needs of the individual and family.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a flexible care program (working days/nights/weekends) and meet the On Call – Call Back by Pager expectations required for this program.
- Personal Support Worker certification or Developmental Services Worker diploma is mandatory
- Registration with the PSW Registry Ontario will be required: http://pswregistry.org/Pages/en/Default.aspx
- Current CPR and First Aid certification will be requested
- Palliative Care and In-Home Support Exercise Program completion preferred
- Must have experience working with seniors and persons with disabilities
- Household management experience
- Ability to adjust to working in different social and economic environments
- Awareness of community resources is essential
- Must be able to communicate well; both written and verbally
- Must have good critical thinking, assessment and problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team, take direction well and work independently
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Current criminal background check will be requested
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||We offer an independent work environment with 24/7 support, ongoing education, in-service, peer support, and a competitive compensation package that may include benefits, pension plan, travel time, and mileage allowance.