Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference? As part of the VON team, you will make a positive impact on the lives of clients who need support services to help them with activities of daily living. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||3832 - ME - CAS
||Home At Last (HAL) Attendant
|Hours Per Week
|Program or Dept.
||Community Support Services
The Home at Last (HAL) Attendant will meet their client at the hospital and support them through the discharge procedure, as well as escort them home. They will assist their clients with settling back in at home following discharge from the hospital.
Light homemaking, meal preparation, personal care (if required), and completion of environmental risk assessments are tasks included in the HAL Attendant role.
The HAL Attendant will collaborate with members of the health care team in meeting the needs of individuals to attain an optimal level of independence and well being.
- Monitoring & Evaluation - Observes and evaluates the individual's/family's home, personal situation and client/family care plan
- Planning - Contributes to the development (with the help of the Home at Last Coordinator) of the personal support care plan
- Implementation - Performs personal support tasks reflecting the needs of the individual/family
- Communication Written/Verbal - Communicates verbally with appropriate members of the health team regarding the management of the client's/family's homemaking, physical, and emotional needs
- Adheres to the VON standards for conduct and behaviour and upholds VON's Core Values
- Secondary school education preferred
- Personal Support Worker or Health Care Aide certification an asset
- Current CPR and First Aid certification will be requested
- Household management experience
- Experience working with children and elderly or ill individuals
- Must be able to communicate well, both written and verbal
- Good assessment skills
- Awareness of community resources
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team, take direction well and work independently
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Current criminal background check will be requested