Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
||Licensed Practical Nurse - Adult Day Program
|Total Hours Bi-Weekly
||Adult Day Program
||The successful applicant is responsible for the provision and management of cost-effective nursing care to individuals attending the Adult Day Program.
- Provide and manage high quality, appropriate and cost effective nursing care to all individuals in the Adult Day Program who are assigned to their care
- Teach and delegate tasks and functions to different levels of workers and to family members and others in accordance with the standards and scope of practice.
- Participate as a member of the health care team in relevant committees and working groups
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Alberta
- Experience working in the community home care environment or Adult Day Programs, an asset
- Must be self-motivated, well organized and able to work independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a willingness to learn new skills
- Advanced palliative care is an asset
- Ability to speak Punjabi would be considered an asset
||Calgary - Northeast
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
VON Canada offers:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Training and skills development
- Flexible hours
- Competitive compensation
- Pension plan
- Employee assistance program
- Employee recognition programs
- Work Perks program