Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
||Team Lead, Adult Day Program
The Team Lead, Adult Day Program is responsible for carying out the day-to-day programming needs of Wellness, Dementia, and Alzheimers Programs.
- Assess clients for service, monitors service delivery and contributes to the development, evaluation and promotion of the program.
- Manage volunteers within the Adult Day Program (ADP) setting while taking the lead in volunteer orientation, training and in-services within the framework of VON Quality Management standards.
- Maintain regular contact with family caregivers and other healthcare partners.
- Other duties will be associated with this role, as assigned.
- Knowledge and experience in program planning and coordination.
- Experience working with the elderly in a social environment preferred.
- Experience in assessment and evaluation, an asset.
- Knowledge of caregiver issues, including the health care system and community resources.
- Able to collaborate with staff, volunteers, family caregivers and members of the community.
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team, take direction well and work independently.
- Strong computer skills.
- Must be able to speak/read/write in Punjabi.
||Calgary - Northeast
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
VON Canada offers:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Training and skills development
- Flexible hours
- Competitive compensation
- Group benefit coverage
- Pension plan
- Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
- Employee assistance program
- Employee recognition programs