Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference? As part of the VON team, you will make a positive impact on the lives of clients who need support services to help them with activities of daily living. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||5127 - PT
|Hours Per Week
||Community Support Services - Volunteer Programs
||$27.96 - $32.27
||The Coordinator of Volunteers is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day operation of volunteer visiting, Teletouch, palliative and bereavement visiting and Transportation programs in accordance with VON standards. Working with the Coordinator, Volunteer Recruitment & Development, the Coordinator recruits, directs and motivates volunteers, assesses clients for service and monitor service delivery. This position will also provide relief coverage for the Coordinator, Meals on Wheels and work evenings and/or weekends to facilitate volunteer education.
- The assessment of clients for services, and to complete home visits to match volunteers with clients when appropriate.
- Recruiting, training, scheduling and managing the volunteers who deliver the programs
- Completing all aspects of program management including volunteer reporting, and statistical reporting to ensure quality and funder expectations and standards are met.
- University degree/College diploma in Health/Social Services discipline(or the equivalent combination of qualification/education plus experience in community work and volunteer administration)
- Certificate in Volunteer Management or a minimum three years experience in volunteer leadership
- Knowledge of caregiver issues, healthcare system and community resources
- Demonstrated excellence in organization and time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both as a team member, and independently
- Valid driver’s license, insurance and use of reliable car
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment; Attention to Detail; carry using appropriate lifting techniques; grip; walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; fine hand movements.
|Other Relevant Information
Hours of work as per the following:
- Monday - Friday: 8:30am to 1:00pm OR 12:00pm to 4:30pm
||Hamilton, Stoney Creek
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs