Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Would you like to join an organization that provides innovative healthcare services across Canada? We are searching for talented individuals to play an important supporting role within the organization. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||4648 - ERCC - RFT
||Manager, Accounts Receivable
|Hours Per Week
|Program or Dept.
||The Manager, Accounts Receivable will maintain and review Revenue, Billing and Collection policies and procedures to ensure their current relevance and compliance. They will manage the accounts receivable (AR) monthly and annual close processes and prepare related monthly and annual reports while overseeing the billing, remittance and collection processes. The successful candidate will be a key partner with regional financial management teams supporting operational customers in the delivery of regional objectives and priorities.
- Assure timely collection of monies due to companies
- Monitor and report on deviations from credit policies for provisioning, credit and collections
- Assure timely and accurate invoicing.
- Manage cash application making sure all cash receipts are applied properly
- Assure that the companies standard template regarding invoice and customer statements is in place for every customer
- Conduct credit checks on all customer, establish and manage limits
- Make recommendations to improve quality of invoicing and collection procedures.
- Weekly reporting of invoicing totals/aging totals/cash receipts/invoice adjustments
- Monthly reporting of adequacy of allowance provisioning
- Will be required to manage a staff of approximately 4 to 6 team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related post-secondary education
- At least seven (7) years of general accounting experience OR a minimum of four (4) years of accounts receivable billing and collections experience, with emphasis on collections experience
- At least two (2) years of supervisory experience in an accounting or accounts receivable processing, which includes experience leading a team, training staff, documenting procedures and performing quality control
- Managerial experience and working knowledge of health care sector/industry
- A strong ability for attention to detail is required
- The candidate must have experience with month-end/year-end closing cycles, preparation of financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and account reconciliation responsibilities
- Excellent ability to communicate with others at all levels both orally and in written form
- Experience with integrated financial systems; SAP preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Excellent team player, dependable and flexible
- Excellence with customer service, team building, and communications
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk sit, stand, climb stairs; Repetitive fine hand movements
||Nova Scotia [NS]
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs