Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
||Registered Nurse - Enterostomal Therapy
|Total Hours Bi-Weekly
You will provide safe, client-centred health care in the community using the nursing process, scope and standards of clinical practice established by VON and the College of Nurses of Ontario and principles of quality management. You have the opportunity to contribute to VON’s responsibility for developing programs to meet community health needs.
The ET Nurse provides care for actual and potential skin integrity client issues related to wound management, skin ulceration, ostomy care, and continence related nursing diagnoses.
Responsibilities are also:
- To provide and manage high quality, appropriate and cost effective nursing care to all individuals and/or families in the community who are assigned to their care;
- To teach and delegate tasks and functions to different levels of workers and to family members and others in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by VON and the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- To comply with all standards, policies, procedures and legislative requirements;
- To participate as a member of the health care team in relevant committees and working groups.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse in the province of Ontario
- Must have certificate in Enterostomal Therapy and/or wound management from an accredited program.
- Valid Driver’s Licence and use of own vehicle is mandatory
- Demonstrated skill in observation, independent assessment, health teaching, communication and interpersonal relationship building
- Good oral and written communication skills and problem-solving abilities
- Exhibit strong professionalism as a team player, and willing to commit to community nursing.
- Ability to speak and/or understand a second language is desirable
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||VON Canada offers:
Career advancement opportunities
Training and skills development
Group benefit coverage
Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
Employee assistance program
Employee recognition programs