Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Are you looking for a challenging, rewarding career in nursing? Join the VON team and make a difference in the lives of our clients in your community by delivering exceptional care. VON nurses collaborate with community health teams to provide client-centred health care in homes, community settings and clinics. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
|Hours Per Week
||Registered Nurses will provide professional nursing consultation services on a wide variety of nursing issues related to the care of older adult clients. You will promote programs to meet community needs, and provide exceptional nursing care to clients and caregivers in the community by applying VON Branch philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Provide and manage high quality, appropriate and cost effective nursing care to all individuals and/or families in the community who are assigned to their care;
- Responsible to teach and delegate tasks and functions to different levels of workers and to family members and others in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by VON and the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Comply with all standards, policies, procedures and legislative requirements;
- Participate as a member of the health care team in relevant committees and working groups.
||•BSCN or BA in nursing
•Current registration as an RN in the province of work
•Experience providing nursing care to adults and seniors
•Experience conducting comprehensive nursing assessments (example: Mini-mental status, depression, pain, etc.)
•Can effectively use software for client documents, word processing & communication
•Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
•Valid driver’s license, insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle
•Individual must be eligible and successfully obtain a security screening certificate from the Government of Canada
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs