Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Would you like to join an organization that provides innovative healthcare services across Canada? We are searching for talented individuals to play an important supporting role within the organization. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||Client Service Associate
|Total Hours Bi-Weekly
||The Client Service Associate serves as the service and information liaison between funders, clients and the care team and community. The Client Service Associate receives and processes referrals and updates, and responds to inquiries from the community, customers, clients, doctors, service providers, and other agencies.
||This position will be responsible to:
- Work as part of the Service Delivery team in the intake of new clients, and the planning and maintenance of client visits and service records
- Liaise with funders, clients and the care team in the community regarding services and information and is the first point of contact for all incoming service requests
- Receive and process referrals and updates and responds to phone inquiries from community, customers, clients, doctors, service providers and other agencies
- Coordinate all standardized data input, triaging of calls and information and the ongoing coordination of client service and service provider schedules and updates
- Work closely with frontline personal support workers, supporting their day to day needs
- Other duties/task as assigned by Manager
||•Diploma or certification in Medical Office Administration, or an equivalent program •2-3 years experience in a medical office environment, or a community health care organization •Previous experience working in health care sector and/or planning and scheduling is an asset •Ability to provide high quality customer service in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities and competing deadlines •Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution, problem solving and critical thinking •Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) •Excellent oral and written communication skills •Bilingualism is an asset •Current criminal background check will be requested Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment; Attention to Detail; Grip, reach, walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Repetitive fine hand movements
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs