Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference? As part of the VON team, you will make a positive impact on the lives of clients who need support services to help them with activities of daily living. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||Adult Day Program Assistant/CCA
||VON currently has an opening for a casual Activity Assistant to work directly with clients, staff and volunteers in the Adult Day Program. Working with the Program Coordinator, the Activity Assistant will carry out the program plan in place.
• Contribute to the development of the care plan for each client admitted to the program
• Implements social and recreational programs as planned by the coordinator
• Assist clients with ADL as required
• Collaborate with the Coordinator/Volunteers to identify risk factors and introduce interventions to minimize and eliminate client incidents
• Ensure safety and security measures for the client, volunteers and staff
• Utilize volunteers’ talents and expertise within the program
• Maintain appropriate records/documentation and clients progress notes
||• Experience working with adults, especially individuals with Alzheimer disease and other cognitive impairments and/or physical disabilities
• Continuing Care Assistant Certification
• Currently enrolled in or completion of courses in Gerontology and/or Dementia Studies
• 3-5 years of recent experience in an Adult Day Services environment is an asset
• Knowledge of caregiver issues; the health care system and community resources.
• Standard First Aid and CPR Certifications
• Food safety training program would be considered an asset
• Ability to work collaboratively, be a team player and possess excellent communication and organizational skills
• Knowledge of community resources
• Must have valid Nova Scotia drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle
• Must be able to lift, transfer or assist clients as needed
• Knowledge and experience in program planning and coordination
||Cape Breton Metropolitan Area District
||Nova Scotia [NS]