Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||If you, or someone in your family, were recovering from an illness and needed home care, who would you trust? Most Canadians from coast to coast would say VON. The reason: at VON Canada (Victorian Order of Nurses), we believe in treating the whole person, not just their ailment. VON offers more than 75 different home care, personal support, and community services to enhance each client’s quality of life by providing them with the personal assistance and support needed to make them comfortable in their own home. We’ve been doing so for more than 110 years.
||4382 - ME - CAS
||Delegating Nurse (RN)
|Hours Per Week
|Program or Dept.
||Advanced Care Program/eShift
||The successful candidate for this role will provide support for Personal Support Workers - Palliative who are providing palliative care to clients within the same program.
- Provide excellent direct nursing care services to clients and families in their homes
- Maintain accurate client clinical records
- Communicate with Case Managers as appropriate
- Participates as full member of the health care team
- Provide leadership in own professional development
- Participate in CNO Reflective Practice
- Knowledge of VON policies and procedures
- Provide clinical leadership within district
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- CAPCE program completion is mandatory
- Current CPR and First Aid certification will be requested
- Experience in palliative care is required
- Experience in gerontology and/or medical-surgical is an asset
- Experience working in community based health care system is an asset
- Demonstrated competencies in observation, independent assessment; health education and promotion
- Proficient nursing skills with the ability to read and interpret technical and clinical instructions
- Critical thinking, problem solving and multi-tasking skills are mandatory
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team setting, as well as the ability to work independently is required
- Must have a home computer, basic computer skills and the ability to work from home
- Must have intermediate-to-advanced cellular telephone/iPhone/BlackBerry skills
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Current criminal background check will be requested
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements.
||London & Middlesex-Elgin
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||We offer an independent work environment with 24/7 support, ongoing education, in-service, peer support, and a competitive compensation package that may include benefits, pension plan, travel time, and mileage allowance.