Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||If you, or someone in your family, were recovering from an illness and needed home care, who would you trust? Most Canadians from coast to coast would say VON. The reason: at VON Canada (Victorian Order of Nurses), we believe in treating the whole person, not just their ailment. VON offers more than 75 different home care, personal support, and community services to enhance each client’s quality of life by providing them with the personal assistance and support needed to make them comfortable in their own home. We’ve been doing so for more than 110 years.
||3203 - ME - PFT
||Enterostomal Therapist (ET) Nurse
|Hours Per Week
|Program or Dept.
||The Enterostomal Therapist (ET) Nurse at VON Middlesex-Elgin, as a member of the health care team, is responsible for the provision and management of high quality, appropriate and cost effective nursing care to all individuals and/or families in the community who are seen by or assigned to his/her care. The ET provides care for actual and potential skin integrity client issues related to wound management, skin ulceration, ostomy care, and continence related nursing diagnoses.
- Utilizes the nursing process, applicable standards and principles of quality management in the provision of safe, comprehensive and client directed health care
- Validation of client’s health history through a thorough, relevant physical examination
- Ability to function and describe appropriate documentation
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Certificate in Enterostomal Therapy and/or wound management from an accredited program
- Current CPR certification will be requested
- Minimum of 1 year clinical practice experience (in a community environment) preferred
- Knowledge of community resources
- Demonstrated skills in observation, independent assessment, health teaching, communication and interpersonal relationship building
- Demonstrated skills in teacher/resource roles and consultative working roles
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Critical thinking & multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-stress environment
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve independently, to function as an independent practitioner and to work collaboratively as a member of a team
- Must have valid driver’s license and personal vehicle (with proof of vehicle insurance)
- Current criminal background check will be requested
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
VON Canada offers:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Training and skills development
- Flexible hours
- Competitive compensation
- Group benefit coverage
- Pension plan
- Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
- Employee assistance program
- Employee recognition programs
- Work Perks program