Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference? As part of the VON team, you will make a positive impact on the lives of clients who need support services to help them with activities of daily living. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||3916 - OX - TPT
||Coordinator, Client Services
|Total Hours Bi-Weekly
||Community Supports Services
||$20.08 per hour
The Coordinator, Client Services is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day operations of our Community Support Programs in accordance with VON standards.
This is a part-time, temporary position (30 hours per week) for approximately 7 months.
||The Coordinator assesses clients for service, monitors service delivery, and contributes to the development, evaluation and promotion of the Community Supports Services programs. Additionally, the Coordinator assists with recruitment as well as directs and motivates current and prospective volunteers. The successful candidate will work with an existing team of dedicated staff members and volunteers to support clients and their families.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Health/Social Science discipline (or the equivalent combination of qualifications/education plus experience in community work and volunteer administration
- Post secondary education in volunteer management (Volunteer Management Certification preferred) or a minimum three (3) years experience in volunteer management
- Current CPR and First Aid certification will be requested
- Knowledge and experience in gerontology an asset
- Experience working with seniors and adults with disabilities, an asset
- Knowledge and experience in program planning and evaluation
- Demonstrated knowledge of the social and health care services network and community resources
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary team including volunteers
- Must be able to communicate well, both written and verbal
- Community development and public speaking experience preferred
- Must be proficient in the use of computers, including the Microsoft Office Suite and Windows OS
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Current criminal background check will be requested
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
VON Canada offers the following benefits:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Training and skills development
- Flexible hours
- Competitive compensation
- Group benefit coverage
- Pension plan
- Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
- Employee assistance program
- Employee recognition programs
- Work Perks employee discounts