Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||If you, or someone in your family, were recovering from an illness and needed home care, who would you trust? Most Canadians from coast to coast would say VON. The reason: at VON Canada (Victorian Order of Nurses), we believe in treating the whole person, not just their ailment. VON offers more than 75 different home care, personal support, and community services to enhance each client’s quality of life by providing them with the personal assistance and support needed to make them comfortable in their own home. We’ve been doing so for more than 110 years.
||Personal Support Worker (Palliative Care)
VON… the future of home care in Canada.
At VON, our front line service providers have unique opportunities to use their talents every day with every client. Personal Support Workers have the freedom to apply their own brand of care and service that goes hand-in-hand with our practice of making innovative care a reality.
We currently have part time openings for Palliative Personal Support Workers, which provides exciting opportunities for PSWs to be on the cutting edge of home care services.
The Palliative Care PSW will provide personal support to palliative clients in a Hospice setting in the Madoc area. The PSW will work as part of an interdisciplinary team , providing options to clients who cannot remain at home but are not requiring acute care hospital services. The team approach is designed to manage patient symptoms in a timely manner while providing support to family. This support will enable family to continue to be involved in the care of their loved one.
VON must respond to referral request within 30 minutes and be expected to accept 100% of referrals.
You possess the the following qualifications:
- PSW certificate required
- Registration with the PSW registry an asset
- Fundamentals of Palliative Care Certificate or AHPCE Certificate, an asset
- Current First Aid certification
- 2 to 4 years of related experience
- A valid driver's licence and personal transportation
- Must have good critical thinking, assessment and problem solving skills
- Awareness of community resources is essential
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team is required
- Ability to take direction well and to work independently
- Current criminal background check
- Flexible and accommodating
- Commitment to work weekends and 12 hour shifts
|Other Relevant Information
||Schedules will include night shifts up to 12 hours
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||We offer an independent work environment with 24/7 support, ongoing education, in-service, peer support, and a competitive compensation package that includes benefits, pension plan, travel time, and mileage allowance.