Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
||4870 - CK - RPT
||Registered Practical Nurse
|Total Hours Bi-Weekly
||Visiting, Shift and Footcare Nursing
You will provide safe, client-centred health care in the community using the nursing process, scope and standards of clinical practice established by VON and the College of Nurses of Ontario and principles of quality management. You have the opportunity to contribute to VON’s responsibility for developing programs to meet community health needs.
- Provide and manage high quality, appropriate and cost effective nursing care to all individuals and/or families in the community who are assigned to their care
- Palliative shift nursing in homes, school shifts, chronic disease management, CVAD care and management, wound care, footcare, and IVs
- Teach and delegate tasks and functions to different levels of workers and to family members and others in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by VON and the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Comply with all standards, policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Participate as a member of the health care team in relevant committees and working groups
- On-call rotation participation
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current CPR and First Aid certification will be requested
- Completion of the CAPCE or Fundamentals of Palliative Care course completion is an asset, or a willingness to complete is required
- Previous experience within a community care setting is preferred, and knowledge of community resources is an asset
- Footcare and IV skills preferred
- Advanced preparation, certification or skill training is preferred
- Demonstrated skills in observation, critical thinking, independent assessment, health teaching, communication and interpersonal relationship building
- Excellent assessment, teaching, problem solving and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to speak and/or understand a second language is desirable
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Current criminal background check will be requested
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||VON Canada offers:
• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs