Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Would you like to join an organization that provides innovative healthcare services across Canada? We are searching for talented individuals to play an important supporting role within the organization. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||4307 - TPT
||Customer Service Representative
||Part Time Term Contract
|Hours Per Week
|Program or Dept.
Within the framework of quality management and located at the VON Hamilton site, the Customer Service Representative (CSR) is the first point of contact for all incoming service requests.
This position receives and processes referrals and responds to phone inquiries from the community, customers, clients, doctors, service providers, and other agencies. General reception duties and related administration. The CSR is responsible for standardized data input and triaging of calls and information to the appropriate persons.
Functions in accordance with the VON policies, procedures and strategic direction of VON Canada and the branch
- Provides administrative support in the following ways:
- Receives and triages information in accordance with defined timelines
- Data entry of referral information and general information in a client database
- Utilizes appropriate customer service and communication skills to appropriately obtain information from the client/family where applicable.
- Champions the VON brand through customer service and professionalism
- Follows standard operating procedures
- Demonstrates effective time management, planning and organizing of days work activities
- Refers clients to appropriate areas utilizing established guidelines
- Works collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team
- Promotes team involvement in problem solving
- Performs in accordance with the quality and risk management framework of VON Canada
||Medical Terminology certification is requiredPrevious experience in Health Care environment Previous customer service experience in a contact call centre environment would be considered an asset Excellent oral and written communication skillsKnowledge of and demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office applications and scheduling programsIntermediate data entry and keyboard skillsStrong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize, multi-task, and deal with competing prioritiesDemonstrated customer service skills in conflict resolution, problem solving, and critical thinkingCurrent criminal background check will be requested
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment; Attention to Detail; Grip, reach, walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Repetitive fine hand movements
|Other Relevant Information
||This is a 6-month contract with the possibility of extension.