Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
||Adult Day Program
||Adult Day Services are offered to seniors and disabled adults living in the community who may be having difficulty with their activities of daily living, but would benefit from interacting in a social, recreational and supportive atmosphere. Adult Day Services allow the participant's caregivers to relax knowing that their loved ones are in safe hands.
The Activity Aide provides personal support services to individuals and families in the Adult Day Program as part of the Community Support Services program. They are able to follow the framework of VON policies, procedures, standards and quality and risk management. They will collaborate with members of the health care team in meeting the needs of individuals to attain an optimal level of independence and well being.
- Assist with social and recreational programs
- Document on client charts according to VON standards
- Social Recreation Diploma or equivalent education
- Good physical assessment and documentation skills
- Standard First Aid, CPR
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Awareness of community resources
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team, take direction well and work independently
- Experience working with seniors/disabled individuals is an asset