Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by the Accreditation Canada.
||6089 - CK - TFT
||Assistant, Fund Development
||Full Time Term Contract
|Hours Per Week
|Program or Dept.
Within the framework of VON philosophy, policies, procedures, standards and quality management, the Assistant, Fund Development will support the Fund Development team's VON events and initiatives.
This is a temporary, full-time position anticipated be 5 months in length.
- Bingo support, including payment to volunteers and completion of the Charitable Gaming Application for licensing
- Bank Deposits and Raiser's Edge data processing
- Petty cash and foot care reconciliations
- Board Support and completion of meeting minutes
- Campaign marketing and logistics
- Event sponsorship package and order preparation
- Newsletter creation and distribution
- VON celebration event planning
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager
- Relevant post-secondary education or a minimum of two years proven experience in fund raising development, media relations, communication and/or marketing
- Demonstrated experience working with fundraising databases
- Advanced experience using computer software programs including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook)
- Knowledge of principles of volunteer management, community resources, fundraising techniques and media promotions
- Time management and strong organizational skills
- Superior communication skills with internal and external individuals (written and verbal)
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to adapt to change and work flexible hours
- Personal suitability including the ability to exercise initiative, tact, discretion and judgment; ability to deal effectively with people and work under pressure
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, insurance and regular use of a vehicle
- Current criminal record check will be requested
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
VON Canada offers:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Training and skills development
- Flexible hours
- Competitive compensation
- Group benefit coverage
- Pension plan
- Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
- Employee assistance program
- Employee recognition programs