Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Would you like to join an organization that provides innovative healthcare services across Canada? We are searching for talented individuals to play an important supporting role within the organization. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||3735 AC ME - RPT
|Hours Per Week
||Community Support Services
The successful candidate for this position will provide administrative assistance to the Community Support Services program, featuring the Ailsa Craig Senior Supports program.
** Please note that, while this position is based primarily in Ailsa Craig, ON, working in Strathroy, ON may be required at times.
||Responsible for promoting a positive image of VON while providing the highest level of customer service and administrative requirements.
- Office Administration Certificate from a post-secondary institution (or equivalent) preferred
- Minimum of 2 years continuous experience in a professional office environment
- Experience working directly with seniors and adults with disabilities
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Publisher)
- Experience using, and knowledge of, Procura [scheduling system] an asset
- Knowledge of community board operations
- Demonstrates professional manner & works cooperatively with colleagues, clients, families and community partners
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to follow directions appropriately and to accept feedback where applicable
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Current criminal background check will be requested
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs