Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Would you like to join an organization that provides innovative healthcare services across Canada? We are searching for talented individuals to play an important supporting role within the organization. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||5246 - GTA NAT - RFT
||Regional Director, Finance
The Regional Director of Finance is responsible for directing and managing VON's Central and Western Region general accounting and finance functions including establishing and maintaining the accounting practices and procedures as well as performing analytics, budgeting and financial reporting.
The successful candidate will ensure compliance with VON's financial policies and maintains a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the reported financial results and the safeguarding of its assets. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
The Regional Director of Finance is responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the regional financial statements.
The Regional Director of Finance works closely with the Regional Vice President and site and functional Directors to provide timely and accurate financial information in order to support business decisions that maintain and improve revenue and net margins. Skill sets that demonstrate a strong understanding of cost accounting and working capital management will be important. Optimization of the cash cycle and cash resources is a high priority.
- Ensures financial statement integrity within a portfolio of considerable size, scope and complexity
- Directs the region's periodic financial close activities including GL close tasks, financial reporting and trend analysis adhering to National close deadlines
- Directs the region's general accounting, billing, financial reporting and financial budgeting processes
- Establishes and monitors internal controls satisfying stewardship duties, accounting standards and funders' requirements
- Collaborates with Operations on the analysis of performance against budget including reporting key variances to National Finance
- Supports Operations to define, measure, analyze, improve and implement processes which impact service quality and influence internal operating efficiency
- Supports Operations to determine optimum pricing models and business opportunities
- Works with CFO and Controller to define, design and implement financial systems and policies
- Acts as a liaison and lead on the region's external audit, customer/funder financial matters and external party financial issues
- Develops and maintains working relationships and a leadership role with Finance professionals across the organization to ensure communication of and action on significant events
- Develops and implements procedures needed to improve internal controls, increase operating efficiency or safeguard the assets of the region
- Supports and drives initiatives of VON across the business in an effort to improve financial processes and reduce costs
- Leads Central and Western Region finance team including supervising, organizing, recruiting, coaching and developing staff individually and as a team Ensures that company's financial policies are adhered to
- Maintains appropriate communications with all levels of the organization
- University degree with a major in accounting and a professional accounting designation
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a finance managerial role, including supervision of a geographically diverse team with varied revenue streams, markets and cost drivers
- Comprehensive knowledge of Canadian federal and provincial accounting standards, financial reporting, budgeting, internal controls and audit requirements
- Proven track record of accomplishments which demonstrate initiative and produce desired results
- Capable of solving problems and using sound judgment to escalate issues with recommendations for action
- Strong people leader with ability to influence vertically and horizontally within VON
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical background, comfortable with complex calculations and analysis
- Knowledge of SAP Ability to develop strong team relationships and bring individuals together to accomplish team and organizational goals
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk sit, stand, climb stairs; Repetitive fine hand movements
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs