Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by the Accreditation Canada.
||Telecommunications Analyst - Temporary Full Time
||Full Time Term Contract
|Hours Per Week
VON Canada is currently looking to fill a 18 month contract position for a Telecommunications Analyst, working within a team environment, to implement an enterprise wide project. An opportunity exists beyond the initial contact term for extension, depending on success of the project implementation.
Reporting to the IT Operations Manager, the Telecommunications Analyst will primarily be responsible for deployment of mobile communications technology devices, configuration and support of the associated back office hardware platforms, as well as providing end user support during the project. In addition, the successful candidate may be called upon to support other VON's ICT technologies including, but are not limited to, Nortel and Avaya PBX systems, unified messaging systems, IP contact center, PRI / voice trunks, ISP data services and associated devices. The Telecommunications Analyst with work closely with VON preferred vendors and ISPs to insure telephony, Mobility and data installations and upgrades are implemented according to project implementation schedules and timelines.
The Telecommunications Analyst will work in an IT/IS team environment, with accountability to provide support to internal VON Canada staff, at a variety of levels within the organization.
This position may be located in Halifax, Ottawa, Toronto or other location to be discussed. Travel will be required.
- Project implementation of mobile devices and technology within VON branch offices
- Review, analyze, evaluate and maintain telecommunications (ICT) Information & Communication Technology infrastructure
- Advise management on issues related to telecommunications (ICT)
- Assist in developing and implementing telecom policies and procedures
- Plan, prioritize, assign and review work of contractors working on VON's telecommunications (ICT) infrastructure
- Monitor contract terms, expiration dates and service level agreements for telecommunications (ICT) equipment and ISPs
- Process and track project related ICT moves, additions and changes
- Perform voicemail resets and password changes on various systems
- Perform and maintain system backups
- Triage and trouble shoot various mobility device issues (i.e. cancellations, suspensions, voicemail, resets, etc)
- Perform end user training and support to assist staff with effective use of mobility and ICT technology
- Assistance in recommendation and implementation of client requests with respect to hardware, software, network and third party applications
- Assist in maintaining inventory of telecom assets
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Repetitive fine hand movements
- Post secondary education desired
- Minimum 5 years Telecommunications (ICT) experience spanning a wide variety of systems and technologies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of PBX and PSTN infrastructure
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities while focusing on deliverables
- Proven leadership, multi-tasking and organization skills
- Ability to work autonomously and be flexible for occasional travel to various sites
- Current and keep abreast of emerging technologies and familiar with a wide range of field concepts, practices and procedures
- Knowledge of contact center solutions such as Call Center Anywhere
- Familiar with various mobile technologies and devices (Blackberry / Android)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with customers, vendors and contractors
- Effective written and verbal communications
- Project Management skills and experience with MS Project to implement project plans and track progress
||Greater Halifax District
||Halifax, Ottawa or Toronto
||Nova Scotia [NS]
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
VON Canada offers the following benefits:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Training and skills development
- Flexible hours
- Competitive compensation
- Group benefit coverage
- Pension plan
- Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
- Employee assistance program
- Employee recognition programs