Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Are you looking for a challenging, rewarding career in nursing? Join the VON team and make a difference in the lives of our clients in your community by delivering exceptional care. VON nurses collaborate with community health teams to provide client-centred health care in homes, community settings and clinics. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||Flu Nurse RPN
|Program or Dept.
||VON is currently looking for nurses to administer flu vaccinations in a clinic setting for our September 2013 to February 2014 Flu season.
- Conducting assessments within the clinic setting
- Administering vaccine
- Providing strategy and intervention to manage anaphylaxis in emergency situations
- Providing clear documentation
- Demonstrating client care practices and techniques
- Showing up on time clinics on time
- Registration with the Ontario college of nurses
- Previous experience delivering vaccines, an asset
- Criminal background check.
- Valid Driver's license, proof of insurance and access to own reliable vehicle
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast- paced environment; Attention to Detail; Carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Grip; Walk, Sit, Stand, Climb stairs; Fine hand movements