Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Are you looking for your next opportunity to contribute to Ontario's changing healthcare landscape? VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by the Accreditation Canada.
||5970 - HAM - FT
||Manager, Care & Service - Home Care
|Hours Per Week
|Program or Dept.
||Reporting to the District Executive Director, our Care and Service Managers of Home Care programs are responsible for ensuring the provision of quality client care, including supervision and professional practice leadership for all aspects of programming. The position is accountable for assisting in the development of, as well as the, execution of operational plans, and the adherence to all policies and practices. Managers are key partners in establishing and maintaining relationships with those included within the continuum of care, including clients, families, funders, professional supports and governing bodies.
- Directs and monitors delivery of client care services and day to day functions of front line staff in accordance with current regulatory guidelines and VON policies, procedures, and standards; including,
- Supervision and performance management of Front Line Service providers
- Ensures all new staff orientation is completed Facilitates staff development and growth through competency assessments,Performance Development Plans (PDPs), individualized learning plans, and on-going mentorship
- Receives and documents all employee, family, and client complaints/issues related to front line service delivery.
- May involve other Home Care managers in resolving the issue/complaint and escalates, if required, to appropriate Director and/or Chief of Practice
- Assists nurses in completing risk assessments, investigations of issues, incidents, or injuries
- Participates with annual budget preparation
- Regularly liaises/communicates proactively and constructively with various members of
- the District home care management team
- Local and district management team
- Greater VON clinical management team, and
- Functional teams
- May participate on any local, regional, or national team or committees as required, desired, or requested. Examples include, Quality Care and Service, Joint Occupational Health and Safety, Accreditation, IBM etc.
- Effectively uses evidence based decision-making metrics
- Builds external relationships as assigned by Site or District Executive Director, including but not limited to, client organizations such as; the LHIN, CCAC, District Health Authorities, Ministries of Health and community health, social and service agencies Participates in the On-Call rotation
- Post secondary education in Nursing, with demonstration to life long learning
- Current CNO registration in good standing
- Demonstrated skill over 5 years in:
- leading staff in a community nursing and home support environment including:
- facility with information and communication technology and practices
- budget management
- decision making
- negotiation program/project management
- Familiarity with the quality management approach, and committed to customer service
- Demonstrated skill in leadership, community nursing, home support, team building, communication and education
- Understands and uses effective communication methods/tools
- Ability to accept and facilitate change Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects
- Valid drivers license, proof of liability insurance, and own vehicle required
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Current police check
|Other Relevant Information
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
VON Canada offers:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Training and skills development
- Flexible hours
- Competitive compensation
- Group benefit coverage
- Pension plan
- Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
- Employee assistance program
- Employee recognition programs