Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Are you looking for a challenging, rewarding career in nursing? Join the VON team and make a difference in the lives of our clients in your community by delivering exceptional care. VON nurses collaborate with community health teams to provide client-centred health care in homes, community settings and clinics. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
|Hours Per Week
||The VON Nurse Practitioner Wellness Clinic is located in the South End of Sudbury. The successful NP will be one of two NPs providing comprehensive primary health care services to his/her own family practice clients with comprehensive administrative support and with access to an off-site collaborative physician.
- Provision of comprehensive primary care services to individuals and families throughout the lifespan with the provision of community outreach services about one half day per week
- Work within the scope-of practice as delineated by the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Work in partnership with community agencies to develop programs to meet the needs of our client population
- Participate in ongoing professional development, interdisciplinary case conferences, and the mentoring of new health professionals
- Registration in the Extended Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Graduation from the COUPN Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner program (or recognized equivalent)
- Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing, Masters in Nursing preferred
- Current membership with the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (required), Nurse Practitioner’s Association of Ontario membership considered an asset
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team
- Can effectively use software for client documents, word processing & communication
- Previous experience as a Nurse Practitioner within a primary care setting
- Current Ontario driver’s license
- Current clear criminal background check
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs