Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by the Accreditation Canada.
||Health Care Aide
HCA's provide companionship, personal care and health maintenance services to clients within VON's Home Support Program to support clients in obtaining an optimal level of independence and well-being.
VON's Home Support Program is located in Northeast Calgary.
HCAs will provide home care services, which can include personal care, light housekeeping, meal preparation and/or respite to clients.
- Health Care Aide, Personal Support Worker or Home Support Worker certification (or equivalent) is mandatory (per AHS)
- Experience in personal care and/or household management preferred
- Demonstrated customer service focus with ability to adjust to working in different social and economic environments
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
- Shift schedules are days (7am - 3pm) and/or evenings (4pm - 11pm), as well as a weekend shift rotation
||Calgary - Northeast