Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Would you like to join an organization that provides innovative healthcare services across Canada? We are searching for talented individuals to play an important supporting role within the organization. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||4629 - CECC - TFT
||Full Time Term Contract
|Hours Per Week
|Program or Dept.
The successful candidate will fill a one year, maternity leave contract position, and will be responsible for offering financial support to the Central East District (Durham, Kingston, Trenton, Peterborough, Simcoe, Ottawa, Quebec sites).
This position is open solely to members of the CUPE 4419 bargaining unit from June 18th to June 26th.
- Prepare and make journal entries into SAP general ledger
- Prepare period-end working papers
- Assist in preparation of financial statements
- Complete bank reconciliations
- Prepare government reports such as charity returns, ministry reports
- Provide input into system changes to improve efficiency and work flows
- Completion of related post-secondary program
- CGA studies at 2nd level or higher an asset
- 2 to 3 years related experience
- Specific knowledge of GAAP and proficiency in accounting discipline
- Knowledge of charity accounting methods, practices, standards an asset
- Strong computer skills with good working knowledge of Excel
- Must be self directed and team-oriented with ability to thrive in fast-paced, challenging environment
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- SAP experience an asset
- Current criminal background check will be requested
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk sit, stand, climb stairs; Repetitive fine hand movements
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs