Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
||6794 - Fre NB - RPT
||Adult Day Program Coordinator
||Adult Day Program
||This position coordinates and oversees the day-to-day operation of the Adult Day program in accordance to VON standards. They will develop, promote and participate in social and recreation activities for the clients of the Adult Day Program. This will include participant assessments along with developing and planning individual/group activities based on client capabilities. They will participate in the continual orientation and training of students and volunteers as required, and assist with evaluations and presentations.
- Gerontology Certificate from accredited Community College or Diploma in Therapeutic Recreation or related program or a combination of relevant experience and education
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification
- Experience in assessment and evaluation preferred
- Experience working with the elderly in a social environment preferred
- Knowledge of caregiver issues, the health care system and community resources
- Knowledge and experience in program planning and coordination
- Demonstrated excellence in organization and time management skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to function independently as well an effective team member
- Able to collaborate with staff, volunteers, family caregivers and members of the community
- Valid provincial Driver's License and use of a reliable vehicle
||New Brunswick [NB]