Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by the Accreditation Canada.
||Team Lead, Home Support Program
The Team Lead – Assisted Living/Supportive Housing is responsible for leading the provision of home and personal care to individuals within the community of Greater Sudbury. Care is provided within the framework of quality and risk management and the standard and scope of practice set by VON. The Team Lead is responsible for the effectiveness of service delivery and client satisfaction; to teach and educate team members; to support them in meeting CCAC/LHIN standards of care and to build team cooperation and cohesiveness to ensure seamless and problem free delivery of services.
- Work as part of the Service Delivery team in the intake of new clients, creating and implementing client care plans, and the planning and maintenance of service records and client visits by Personal Support Workers.
- Receive and process referrals and updates and responds to phone inquiries from community, customers, clients, doctors, service providers and other agencies.
- Perform quarterly client visits to reassess client needs.
- Liaise with funders, clients and the care team in the community regarding services and information and is the first point of contact for all incoming service requests.
- Work closely with Personal Support Workers, supporting their day to day needs.
- Provide training to new PSWs, including orientation.
- Conduct the PSW first visit with clients.
- Other duties/task as assigned by Manager.
- Completion of Registered Practical Nursing (RPN) Diploma.
- Registered with College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Experience working in a community based health care system.
- Sound judgment in terms of managing the complexity of working with clients and families jointly.
- Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution, problem solving & critical thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a self directed manner.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to be versatile and adjust quickly to a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite of programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Current driver's license with access to a reliable vehicle.
- Bilingualism an asset.
- Current criminal background check.
||North East District