Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Would you like to join an organization that provides innovative healthcare services across Canada? We are searching for talented individuals to play an important supporting role within the organization. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||4109 - FT
|Total Hours Bi-Weekly
||The Receptionist will create a welcoming front office environment to the VON site in Simcoe by greeting visitors, and providing exemplary customer service to visitors, staff and corporate clients. The receptionist will also be responsible for operating the telephone system, collecting and distributing mail, typing correspondence, photocopying documents, and file management.
Job tasks include but not limited to the following:
- Receives all incoming communications in a courteous and positive manner
- Compiles and distributes clear and accurate information to the appropriate person(s) in a timely manner according to their urgency
- Receives, sorts, opens, date stamps and redirects incoming correspondence
- Greets individuals coming into office
- Clerical duties as required: typing, photocoping, faxing, filing etc
- Completes verification of all time sheets
- Data input of all HR codes into CIMS system
- Daily BlackBerry set up
- Receives all incoming cash/cheques at reception and records daily journal
- Enters and issues receipts for all cash received
- Post-secondary education in Medical Office Administration or related studies required
- 2-3 year administrative experience in an office environment
- Proven to be reliable and punctual
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Exceptional computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Current criminal background check will be requested
|Other Relevant Information
Primary site is in Simcoe, but may be required to work out of the Brantford site when required.
Hours of work: Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm. May also include evenings, statutory holidays and weekend shifts when required. Overtime as required.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs