Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||If you, or someone in your family, were recovering from an illness and needed home care, who would you trust? Most Canadians from coast to coast would say VON. The reason: at VON Canada (Victorian Order of Nurses), we believe in treating the whole person, not just their ailment. VON offers more than 75 different home care, personal support, and community services to enhance each client’s quality of life by providing them with the personal assistance and support needed to make them comfortable in their own home. We’ve been doing so for more than 110 years.
||3425 - ME - CAS
||Registered Practical Nurse - Shift Nursing
|Hours Per Week
|Program or Dept.
The successful applicant is responsible for the provision and management of cost-effective nursing care to individuals and/or families in the community when the client’s condition is common enough that the outcome is predictable and can be implemented with pre-set care plans that include a limited range of interventions. The successful candidate will also be responsible for teaching and delegating tasks to different levels of workers.
Care is provided within the framework of quality management and the standards and scope of practice set by VON and the College of Nurses in Ontario.
While the successful candidate will be classified as a Casual employee to start, there is the opportunity to work up to full-time hours if they have scheduling availability. The succesful candidate must have the availability to work evening and overnight shifts.
- Maintain accurate client clinical records
- Communicate with Case Managers as appropriate
- Participates as full member of the health care team
- Provide leadership in own professional development
- Participate in CNO Reflective Practice
- Knowledge of VON policies and procedures
- Provide clinical leadership within district
- Provide complex care nursing overnights
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current CPR and First Aid certification will be requested
- Experience working with pediatric and/or palliative clients is mandatory
- Trach experience required
- Knowledge of community resources an asset
- Excellent assessment, teaching, problem solving and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt nursing practice to operating independently in a variety of situations
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Current criminal background check will be requested
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||VON Canada offers:
• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs
• Work Perks program