Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
||Registered Practical Nurse
||The successful applicant is responsible for the provision and management of cost-effective nursing care to individuals and/or families in the community when the client’s condition is common enough that the outcome is predictable and can be implemented with pre-set care plans that include a limited range of interventions. Care is provided within the framework of quality management and the standards and scope of practice set by VON and the College of Nurses in Ontario. Is responsible to teach and delegate tasks to different levels of workers.
- Provide and manage high quality, appropriate and cost effective nursing care to all individuals and/or families in the community who are assigned to their care
- Responsible to teach and delegate tasks and functions to different levels of workers and to family members and others in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by VON and the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Comply with all standards, policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Participate as a member of the health care team in relevant committees and working groups
- College of Nurses of Ontario Registration
- Valid Driver’s Licence and reliable vehicle
- Must be self-motivated, well organized and able to work independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a willingness to learn new skills are definite assets
- Advanced palliative care is an asset
- Additional language skills are an asset
- Current criminal background check