Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Are you looking for a challenging, rewarding career in nursing? Join the VON team and make a difference in the lives of our clients in your community by delivering exceptional care. VON nurses collaborate with community health teams to provide client-centred health care in homes, community settings and clinics. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||Community Health Nurse-Casual
|Program or Dept.
||Nurses who join our team receive diverse assignments and ongoing clinical education and training opportunities. We support our employees by offering a work environment that strives to reinforce work life balance. Corporate values of respect, participation, responsiveness and courage are upheld. These positions will be of interest to nurses who value client teaching, communication, autonomy and decision-making, and find community nursing challenging and rewarding.
- Provide and manage high quality, appropriate and cost effective nursing care to all individuals and/or families in the community who are assigned to their care
- Responsible to teach and delegate tasks and functions to different levels of workers and to family members and others in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by VON and the Association of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Comply with all standards, policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Participate as a member of the health care team in relevant committees and working groups
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements
- RN and graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Current ARNNL Licensure
- Some previous clinical experience, with knowledge of the community-nursing model of care
- Demonstrated competencies in observation, independent assessment and health education
- Proficient in clinical nursing skills, and ability to read and interpret technical and clinical instructions related to client care
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A valid NL driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Valid CPR C / First Aid required
||Newfoundland and Labrador [NL]
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Career advancement opportunities
Training and skills development
Employee assistance program
Employee recognition programs