Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Would you like to join an organization that provides innovative healthcare services across Canada? We are searching for talented individuals to play an important supporting role within the organization. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||3874 - WE - RPT
||Coordinator, Farm to School
|Total Hours Bi-Weekly
||Ontario Student Nutrition Program
Within the framework of VON philosophy, policies, procedures, standards and quality management, the Coordinator, Farm to School is responsible for developing and implementing a business model for the central procurement of food products for several hundred Student Nutrition Programs supported by VON across southwestern Ontario.
The successful candidate will work closely with the VON business development team to facilitate the growth of the Student Nutrition Program and related initiatives within VON through championing coordination with corporate, public fundraising, account management, and business development growth opportunities.
Work in partnership with the appropriate VON teams to lead the development and implementation of a system for the centralized procurement of food for SNP programs across southwestern Ontario by both researching and documenting room for change in the current OSNP (Ontario Student Nutrition Program) model of purchasing food through various retail channels, as well as by consulting with existing programs across North America to determine the most effective business models for centralized procurement and delivery of food to school nutrition programs
- Liaise with agricultural partners and existing food or delivery networks to determine efficiency and cost of various models for transporting foods from a centralized hub to school sites or community hubs
- Enhance existing contracts with current vendors and all partnering school boards and public health units to include issues relating to the new farm to school program model
- Develop or consult with existing multi sector steering committees to oversee the creation of the farm to school business model. Key partners should include; VON, health units, school boards, agricultural groups as well as the regional and provincial OSNP teams.
- Work closely with the regional OSNP team to coordinate the roll out of the farm to school program (create strategy to address rural challenges with the model)
- Develop an evaluation component
- Pursue potential research opportunities
- Work in partnership with the SNP team to carry out various administrative or strategic tasks to assist in the daily operations of the program as necessary
** Please note that this job posting is meant as a reference point, rather than a complete listing of all duties/tasks as assigned to this role. Other duties, as required by program, will be assigned.
- Post-secondary education with 5+ years of experience in establishing corporate, government or private partnership account management
- Experience delivering diverse portfolios of account management with evidence of success and sustainable growth
- Experience working with statistics, compiling and trending
- Familiarity with an environment similar to the VON, e.g. health care, non-profit service, social service, charitable organization
- Experience with SWOT analysis and project management
- Familiarity working with school boards, health units or equivalent public institutions is an asset
- Demonstrated advanced experience using computer software programs including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Familiarity with food procurement, production logistics or equivalent is an asset
- Experience working with volunteers and vulnerable population is an asset
- Superior communication / presentation skills with internal and external individuals (written and verbal)
- Ability to multi-task, as well as to excertise initiative and sound judgement while demonstrating accuracy and attention to detail
- Time management and strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is required
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of the VON team
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Willingness to travel frequently within and outside of Southwest Region of Ontario is required
- Current criminal background check will be requested
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs