Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference? As part of the VON team, you will make a positive impact on the lives of clients who need support services to help them with activities of daily living. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||Personal Support Worker (Adult Day Program)
|Hours Per Week
||Adult Day Program
||The PSW provides personal care and health maintenance to individuals and families within the framework of VON philosophy, policies, procedures and standards, in community health care.
- Assist clients with activities of daily living including; mobility, toileting, hygiene, transferring, meeting nutritional requirements through the development of monitoring systems, techniques to assist and scheduling routines.
- Participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of therapeutic recreational programs in collaboration and in conjunction with other team members.
- Assist other Programmers with the implementation of daily programs including set up and clean up.
- Supervise clients in their self-administration of medication as documented in the client's chart and the VON Adult Day Program Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Works as part of a team in developing a monthly calendar of activities.
- Develop and maintain open channels of communication with clients and caregivers.
- Work to maintain a safe and secure environment for clients and caregivers.
- Personal Support Worker Certificate/Diploma.
- University Degree, diploma or certificate in Therapeutic recreation, Activation Techniques in Gerontology or related field is an asset.
- Previous experience working with clients with Alzheimer's Disease and related dementias.
- Demonstrated knowledge working with frail clients and caregivers.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers and client documentation.
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate and current CPR level C Certificate
- Certificate in Dementia Studies, Montessori Based Dementia Programming, Gentle Persuasive Approaches in Dementia Care, and Non-Violence Crisis Intervention is an asset.
- Valid drivers license, insurance and use of a vehicle when required.
- Current Criminal Background Check will be requested.
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs