Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
||Registered Practical Nurse - Footcare
||The succesful candidate will become a nurse for the VON Brant site, specializing in Footcare. He/She will provide assessment, care and advice for high-risk clients, including the elderly and people with diabetes, who have particular problems looking after their feet.
|Responsibilities within both in-home and foot care clinic care include:
- Provide advanced foot care to clients
- Maintain accurate client clinical records
- Communicate with Case Managers as appropriate
- Participates as full member of the health care team
- Provide leadership in own professional development
- Participate in CNO Reflective Practice
- Knowledge of VON policies and procedures
- Registered with College of Nurses of Ontario
- Must have Advanced foot care certification
- Recent experience working in community based health care system
- Experience in gerontology, palliative and/or pediatric care an asset
- Must be self-motivated, well organized and able to work independently
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Ability to provide leadership within the organization as a team player
- Valid Driver’s Licence and use of own vehicle is mandatory
- Available to work flexible hours
|Other Relevant Information
- Flexible hours: area covers all of Brant-Norfolk-Haldimand region