Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference? As part of the VON team, you will make a positive impact on the lives of clients who need support services to help them with activities of daily living. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||4690b - PTPerth
||Adult Day Program Assistant - Summer Student
||Community Support Services
The Adult Day Program Assistant will work directly with clients, staff and volunteers in the Adult Day Program to help carry out the program, contributing to the development of the care plan for each client admitted to the program. The successful candidate will assist with the implementation of therapeutic holistic activities for individual participants and for groups within a team care model, consistent with VON mission statement, program operational goals and individual participant goals.
This Summer Student position ends August 2013.
- Assist with, implement, evaluate, and modify therapeutic activity plans for individuals and for groups in collaboration with team members
- Works in collaboration with the Site Adult Day Program Coordinator and Coordinator of Volunteers to ensure that volunteers are integral to program delivery
- Ensure that the program/activities are well documented for other staff members to implement
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of an atmosphere of warmth, caring, personal interest, resulting in a level of client participation that is appropriate and positive, as reflected by participant and family caregiver satisfaction
- Maintain appropriate records and complete required documentation as per program policy
- Work towards fulfillment of ADP goals
- Actively participates in all quality initiatives
- May be required to provide assistance with eating, and mobility for the participants, adapting an approach to maximize their abilities
- Assist with the serving of meals, and tidy-up as required
- Ensure the safety and security of participants by maintaining a clean and tidy program environment
- Engage in 1:1 and/or group socialization with clients
- Monitor client safety and address any safety issues that arise
- Follow VON Standards for infection prevention and control (i.e. hand hygiene)
- Report to the Manager any concerns regarding the well-being of the clients
- Adhere to VON Canada Policies and Procedures Promote
- Represent VON in a professional image at all times
- Other duties as assigned which are related to the normal job functions.
- Current enrolment in Therapeutic Recreation, Gerontology and/or Dementia studies or equivalent education
- Valid driver's license in the Province of Ontario, use of vehicle, and insurance coverage as per VON policy
- Ability to work collaboratively, be a team player, and possess excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to lift, transfer or assist clients as needed
- Current criminal background check will be requested
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements
||Perth County (Stratford & areas)