Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference? As part of the VON team, you will make a positive impact on the lives of clients who need support services to help them with activities of daily living. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||Coordinator, Volunteer and Home Help/Home Maintenance
|Hours Per Week
|Program or Dept.
||Within the framework of quality and risk management of VON the combined position of Volunteer Coordinator and Home Help/Home Maintenance Coordinator will be responsible for volunteer recruitment and retention, orientation, training and in-services for all site programs, as well as respond to the Brokered service needs for HH/HM for seniors living in our geographical area. Other program duties will be assigned, as required.
- Diploma/degree in health/social science discipline
- Post secondary education in volunteer management/Certificate preferred
- Minimum 3 years working experience in volunteer management
- Bilingualism as a definite asset
- Experieince working in a community setting with seniors and adults with disabilities
- Ability to market using progressive database and community connections
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Experience with training, marketing and public speaking
- Must have a reliable personal vehicle and possess both a current drivers license and insurance
- Current criminal background check will be requested
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs