Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
||Licensed Practical Nurse-Regular Full Time (evenings)
|Total Hours Bi-Weekly
||Nurses who join our team receive diverse assignments and ongoing clinical education and training opportunities. We support our employees by offering a work environment that strives to reinforce work life balance. Corporate values of respect, participation, responsiveness and courage are upheld. These positions will be of interest to nurses who value client teaching, communication, autonomy and decision-making, and find community nursing challenging and rewarding.
- Provide and manage high quality, appropriate and cost effective nursing care to all individuals and/or families in the community who are assigned to their care
- Responsible to teach and delegate tasks and functions to different levels of workers and to family members and others in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by VON and the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Nova Scotia
- Comply with all standards, policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Participate as a member of the health care team in relevant committees and working groups
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements
- Registration with CLPNNS and a graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently
- High attention to detail and demonstrated effective use of problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple activities
- Ability to thrive in an exceptionally fast-paced environment
- A valid NS driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Valid CPR certificate - Level C / First Aid required
|Other Relevant Information
||These positions are for evening shifts
||Cape Breton Metropolitan Area
||Nova Scotia [NS]
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Career advancement opportunities
Training and skills development
Group benefit coverage
Employee assistance program
Employee recognition programs